Friday, May 21, 2010

A farting pole and a redneck lunch box.

I have no idea why but the other day I sent a text message to several friends that asked this strange question:
Should a farting contest have some sort of “farting post” you approach and hold onto or something?

None of the people I sent the question to were aware that there were others on the list and yet, 50% of the people responded with:
“Yes, it provides more leverage.”

The other 50% responded with such answers as:
“I would suggest one.”
“I hurt myself on one.”
“It’s a POLE…as in farting POLE!”

I have weird wonderful friends.

It has also just occurred to me, if you’re in such a contest, should you wear farting mitts?”


Today I overheard a comment I think you could only hear in south Arkansas. I don’t want to be stereotypical but, well…you tell me…….
“So when I left the trailer I grabbed the lunch box with the dirty dishes in it.”

2 comments:

  1. Answer from marthainheaven: You have a lot of good points. And you´re right, there is no evidence that says we have free will. Maybe it all depends on if you believe in God or not and everything in the christian belief. I can´t explain free will, it is just something we´ve been told about, and then you don´t think much about it. I for myself thought when I heard free will, that it sounded right, sounded logical. But when I think about it now, it is not all black and white. The question about if we have free will or not is definitely something to think about. Thank you for your interesting point of view :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess my answer would be... What is a farting pole? So yes, you do have weird and wonderful friends :)

    ReplyDelete